Raspberry and Passionfruit Roulade
Updated: Apr 26, 2019
Serves- 6-8 people Prep- 20 minutes Cook- 40 minutes plus cooling
5 egg whites
3/4 C caster sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour
160ml thickened cream
5 tbsp of passionfruit curd (you can use lemon curd if you are unable to find passionfruit curd)
Garnish with mint, fresh raspberries and extra passionfruit curd.
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease and line a 33cm x 21cm swiss roll tin.
2. Whisk egg whites in a large clean bowl with electric whisk until stiff. Add caster sugar in 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture is thick, shiny and all the sugar is dissolved. Add in the cornflour and whisk again to incorporate.
3. Spread mixture evenly in the tin and smooth out with a spatula. Bake for 40-45 minutes in the centre of the oven until firm to the touch.
4. Leave meringue to cool in tin for 1 hour. Lightly whip the cream with electric beaters until soft peaks form then stir through passionfruit curd.
5. Turn meringue out onto a sheet of baking paper that has been sprinkled with icing sugar. Spread cream evenly over meringue before adding raspberries on top.
6. Roll up the roulade from one of the short sides, using the baking paper to help roll it up. Store in fridge until ready to use.
7. Serve roulade with some mint, fresh raspberries and an extra dollop of passionfruit curd.