Mini Sticky Date Puddings
Makes- 12 puddings Prep- 10 minutes Cook- 20 minutes
1 1/4 cups chopped pitted dates
3/4 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
80g unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup self raising flour
150g butter (chopped)
1 cup thickened cream
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160°C and grease a 12 cup muffin tin with butter.
2. Place dates, water and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Add butter, brown sugar and date mixture into a food processor and process until well combined then scrape down the sides with a spatula.
4. Add in eggs and the flour and process again until just combined.
5. Divide mixture evenly amongst the 12 cup muffin tin, filling each about 3/4 full and cook for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. For the caramel sauce, place butter, cream and brown sugar into a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring the mixture to the boil then allow it to simmer for 8-10 minutes until it is thickened. Let the sauce cool slightly before pouring over the top of the puddings.
7. Serve with vanilla icecream.