Mars Bar Slice
This is such a simple but sweetly satisfying slice...it's love at first bite
Prep- 10 minutes Makes- 15 pieces
2 tbsp golden syrup
216g mars bars chopped = (1 packet of the mini mars bars)
3 cups rice bubbles
200g milk chocolate
20 ml vegetable oil
1. Grease and line an 18cm x 22cm rectangular slice tin with baking paper.
2. Add butter, golden syrup and three-quarters of the mars bars to a saucepan and heat on low stirring occasionally until butter is melted then turn off the heat (it is fine if not all the mars bar melt completely).
3. Measure the rice bubbles into a large bowl and pour the melted mars bar mixture on top and stir thoroughly to coat the rice bubbles.
4. Add in the remaining quarter of chopped mars bars to the rice bubbles and mix them through.
5. Press mixture firmly into the tin using the back of a metal spoon to smooth out any bumps then allow slice to set for a couple minutes in the fridge.
6. Place chocolate and vegetable oil into a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% for 30 second intervals stirring after each time until the chocolate is melted.
7. Spread melted chocolate over the slice then set the slice in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until firm.
8. Cut slice into 15 pieces and enjoy :)