Churros with Chocolate Sauce
Updated: Apr 26, 2019
Makes- about 25 Prep- 20 minutes
110g butter chopped
1 cup water
1 cup plain flour sifted
Rice bran, vegetable or sunflower oil for frying
For cinnamon sugar-
1 cup caster sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
200g dark chocolate
125ml thickened cream
1 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add dark chocolate, cream, syrup and vanilla in a saucepan and melt over low heat until smooth. Stir sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
2. Place butter and water in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Add in flour and reduce heat to low and beat with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball and leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from heat.
3. Transfer dough to a mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to incorporate eggs one at a time beating until well combined. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm fluted nozzle.
4. Pour enough oil into a saucepan to reach 5cm up the side of the pan. Heat over a medium-high heat to 180C or until a cube of bread turns golden in 15 seconds when added to the oil.
5. Pipe 10cm lengths of the mixture into the oil cutting the end with scissors. Cook for 3-4 minutes until churros are golden brown, use tongs to remove them from the oil before draining on paper towel briefly and then tossing in cinnamon sugar. Repeat this step with remaining mixture.
6. Serve churros with chocolate sauce and some fresh raspberries.